Different types of thickeners such as tamarind gum, Carboxymethyl starch (CMS), etc. plays a crucial role in printing process. They can be either synthetic or natural and are very essential auxiliaries, especially for textile printing purpose. Thickening supplement is naturally derived from starch, gum, sodium alginate and tamarind derivatives.
As printing is a form of localized dyeing, the printing paste should be viscous enough to make the paste localized at a desired position. Otherwise, the print paste would become thin and can go beyond the defined printing boundaries of the design.
These thickeners can be defined as macromolecules that have high molecular weight and posses the capability of absorbing water in it. You will notice this whenever you add thickeners into your print paste, you would experience that the level of your solution will reduce little bit from its initial level. As these thickeners absorb water, they make bulky macro molecule, which in turn hinder the movement of particles in a solution. This causes consequent increase in the viscosity of printing paste to desired level.
It is very important that fabric on which you are intended to print must be salt-free, otherwise it would simply cause decrease in the viscosity of the paste. Further, it will drop it to a level that it will start damaging print by going beyond the allocated boundary.
The reason for is that salt damages the effectiveness by straightening the coiled structure of thickeners. This is termed as ‘flushing’. Thus, to know about textile printing thickeners such as tamarind gum, Carboxymethyl Starch (CMS), etc. you can surf various relevant sources and extract information from there.
- Tamarind Seed Powder Manufacturers Versus Pharmaceutical and Textile Industries
- Application of Tamarind Gum Power in Multiple Industries
- Medicinal Benefits of Tamarind Seed Powder
- Use of Guar Gum Powder in Oil and Gas Well Drilling
- Uses of Tamarind Seed Powder
- Tamarind Gum & Carboxymethyl Starch – Different Types of Printing Thickeners
- Significance of Guar Gum Powder
- Use of Fast Hydration Guar Gum in Oil and Gas Well Drilling
- The Process of Manufacturing Tamarind Seed Powder
- HowTamarind Gum Powder is Prepared and its Applications?
- Carboxymethyl Starch & Guar Slurry for Printing Thickeners
- Selecting a Processed Tamarind Seed Powder Exporter
- About Natural Polymers – Carboxy Methyl Tamarind & Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder